Who we are - Ecologic Institute EU
Download our current brochure: Ecologic Institute: Science and Policy for a Sustainable World [pdf, 5 MB, English].
Ecologic Institute conducts inter- and transdisciplinary environmental research. The experts at Ecologic Institute also prepare political analyses and function as consultants. Ecologic Institute operates branches in Berlin, Brussels and Washington DC. In its role as a private, independent organization, Ecologic Institute is dedicated to the preparation of relevant sociopolitical aspects of sustainability research and contributing new knowledge to environmental policy. Innovative research methods, an orientation on practice and a transdisciplinary approach ensure scientific excellent and social relevance. The work done at Ecologic Institute covers the spectrum of environmental topics and includes the integration of environment-related issues into other political spheres.
Ecologic Institute was founded in 1995 and collaborates closely with other European and international bodies, including active participation as a member of the Ecological Research Network (Ecornet). Today, the more than 100 individuals at Ecologic Institute work in a variety of international and interdisciplinary project teams.
Since its founding in 1995 the Institute has acquired a reputation for excellence in the field of transdisciplinary, politically-relevant research. The guidance developed by Ecologic Institute provides practice-oriented pioneer work for decision-makers confronted with complex challenges.
In this manner, Ecologic Institute provides expertise to the European Parliament (as consultant to the European Parliament Committee on Environment and Development Policy Framework Contract), the European Environment Agency and the European Commission, particularly with the Directorate-General for Research & Innovation, on the basis of framework contracts. In Germany a multitude of ministries on a national and local level, downstream authorities, such as the Federal Environment Agency (UBA) and the German Parliament benefit from Ecologic Institute's research work. Over its history, Ecologic Institute has contributed to the decision-making processes of a variety of international institutions, committees and authorities on the European, national, regional and municipal levels.
Ecologic Institute is a registered charity. Donations are tax deductible.
Ecologic Institute in Washington DC is an IRC 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization.
Read more about the Ecologic Institute:
- Infographic: 20 Years Ecologic Institute - Who is Ecologic Institute, really?
- Download our current brochure: Ecologic Institute: Science and Policy for a Sustainable World [pdf, 5.5 MB, English]
- Download our current brochure in German: Ecologic Institut: Wissenschaft und Forschung für eine nachhaltige Welt [pdf, 5 MB, German]
- Short version of our current brochure in Chinese [pdf, 3.3 MB, Chinese]
- Our brochure 2011: Ecologic Institute Project Handbook 2011
- Our brochure 2010: Milestone: 15 Years
- Our brochure 2009: Ecologic Institute 2009 Berlin - Brussels - Vienna - Washington DC
- Take the Tour through a Knowledge Garden: Ecologic in five minutes
- 15 Years Ecologic Institute - Anniversary Website
- History of Ecologic Institute