(Junior) Researcher in the Field of EU Agriculture, Soil and Climate Policies
As a (Junior) Researcher in the field of EU agriculture, soil and climate policies you would support our team in ongoing projects with a particular focus on agriculture, soils and climate change. In the short to medium term you would also support the acquisition of new projects in this area with the goal of permanent employment.
What do we offer?
- a chance to work on challenging projects with a high level of relevance for policy
- a pleasant working environment in an international, intercultural and interdisciplinary team
- creative latitude which allows you over time to set individual priorities and develop your own area of expertise
- a flexible and family-friendly working environment based on a flat hierarchy
- an attractive salary and individual opportunities for professional development
What does the position entail?
- you will support the evaluation of policies which affect agriculture’s impacts on soils and climate
- you will conduct case studies, including desk-based research, interviews and potential study-site visits
- you will contribute to the development of policy recommendations and integration of evaluation results in other policy areas (e.g. water, implementation of SDGs)
- you will support project acquisition, management and preparation of project reports and scientific publications
What do we expect from you?
- a relevant Masters degree (e.g. agricultural economics, geography, environmental management)
- 1-2 years of experience in analysis or implementation of (one or more) EU policies for agricultural land management (Master’s Thesis work can count towards experience)
- working knowledge of CAP
- familiarity with sustainable management practices in agriculture and their impact on soil and/or climate protection
- excellent analytical skills, written and spoken English
- fluent knowledge of German and another European language is an advantage
- ability to work independently and within an interdisciplinary team
How should you apply?
Please apply exclusively through our online application form.
You will need to provide the following documents:
- Cover letter
- a writing sample in English of up to 20 pages
(if applicable, also a writing sample in German)
For questions regarding your application please contact our Human Resources team.
Applications are open until 30 July 2017.