Karin Beese worked for Ecologic Institute as a Project Manager. Her main tasks included the development of communication strategies, science communication, network building and public relations for international environmental policy issues and especially for climate change and adaptation issues. Karin Beese worked in German, English and French.
- Resilience-Increasing Strategies for Coasts - toolKIT (RISC-KIT)
- Bottom-up Climate Adaptation Strategies towards a Sustainable Europe (BASE)
- Regional Adaptation Strategies for the German Baltic Sea Coast (RADOST)
- Communicating adaptation to regional climate change
- Circum Mare Balticum - Workshop Series
- Gendercide: The Missing Women?
- Event Series on the Future of Agricultural Regions
Karin Beese studied communications, mathematics and applied linguistics at the Technische Universität Dresden (Germany) and the Université de Montréal (Canada). During her studies, she focused primarily on political communication, public opinion research and communication strategies. Before joining Ecologic Institute, Karin Beese was responsible for public relations in the Berlin office of the UN World Food Programme (WFP) and subsequently for press and public relations for the German Development Service (DED – now GIZ) in Cameroon.