Second Cycle of the German Participatory Forum on Fish Protection and Downstream Migration
During the first period of the Forum Fish Protection and Downstream Fish Migration, more than 200 people from different fields, such as water management and nature conservation by the states and the federal government, the federal waterway administration and transport development, the energy industry, the water engineering, fishery biology, nature conservation, fishery and fishery associations and the university science were involved.
In the second cycle of the Forum from 2015 to 2018, three two-day events will be held to deepen the statements of the first cycle and to continue the constructive dialogue.
In principle, the thematic broad-based approach of the Forum should be maintained, but the de-sire for professional deepening of the topics should also be taken into account. The forum will focus on the exchange of experience and information, as well as on the following core topics:
- Success factors for the initiation, monitoring and implementation of fish protection and fish removal measures
- Technical measures for fish protection and downstream fish migration
- Behavioural biology and monitoring
- Functional check of fish protection and downstream fish migration equipment
- Other measures for the conservation and development of fish populations
At the same time, the website (www.forum-fischschutz.de) is to be developed into an instrument of knowledge management. The platform is to be a first step towards a better networking of the German-speaking players in the area of fish protection and fish segregation, as well as an over-view of who does which activities where.